- During winter months, it is imperative that you put down your storm windows, place window inserts in storm doors, and keep doors closed in the cold weather. When you put a storm window down, the window on the outer most track should be on the top, in order to keep water from getting between the storm and the regular window. Do not leave windows open if you are receiving too much heat. If you live in a building with plowed parking, please be sure to remove your car early in the morning of a snowstorm so that the lot can be cleared as soon as possible. Call us with problems on any of the above.
- New England weather is very unpredictable and can cause a number of problems. Should you see evidence of a roof or ceiling leak, call us promptly. Small leaks will get bigger over time, requiring extensive repairs. Finding and addressing problems early will minimize expense and inconvenience. If there is evidence that water has entered a light fixture, a socket, or a plug, do not turn on the fixture or use the plug. Call us immediately.
- You have been given a number to call for maintenance and emergencies. When you call in, be sure to clearly state your name, exact address, and problem. Be certain you leave a number and email address where you can be reached. If you fail to leave any of the above, we cannot promise to get back to you.
- Gas grills may not be used on decks or porches at any time. Grills may be used on the ground, at least 10 feet away from the building. Grease cups should be used under the grills when the grills are in use. These are rules from the Newburyport Fire Dept.
- For those of you with trash houses behind your buildings, please be sure that you put only sealed bags in the bins. Recycling is required in Newburyport and there are recycling containers behind all properties. Our maintenance crew takes containers to curbside every other week on trash day.
- It is imperative that all tenants purchase renters’ insurance. This is low cost protection for your belongings. I can direct you to an insurance agent, should you need one.
- If you notice that any common area lights are out or that something needs attention, please call the office.
Thank you for your attention. The quality of our service depends on communication.
PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL NOTE: AFTER A SNOW STORM, ALL CARS MUST BE REMOVED FROM PARKING LOTS AND DRIVEWAYS FOR TIMELY REMOVAL OF SNOW. IF CARS ARE NOT REMOVED, SNOW REMOVAL MAY NOT HAPPEN.